Summer Grilled Shrimp
Author: Dash of Thyme
Recipe type: Appetizer
- ¾ cup Dash of Thyme Organic Persian Lime Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- ½ cup Dash of Thyme Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped and divided into two portions
- Juice of two limes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ lb. orzo, prepared as directed on box
- Combine ½ cup Persian Lime Olive Oil, ¼ cup Coconut Balsamic Vinegar, garlic, ¼ cup cilantro and juice of one lime in a medium bowl.
- Add shrimp to bowl, cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cook orzo according to directions and drizzle lightly with ¼ cup Persian Lime Olive Oil.
- Toss thoroughly and set aside.
- Remove shrimp from marinade. Thread three shrimp onto each skewer, leaving ¼ inch space between each shrimp to allow for even grilling.
- Grill shrimp directly over high heat, basting each side once with marinade. Do not overcook.
- Transfer orzo to flat serving platter. Place the shrimp skewers on top of the orzo, drizzling
- with ¼ cup Coconut Balsamic Vinegar.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro.