Pomegranate Balsamic Glazed Salmon
Recipe type: Entrées
- 3 Tbs Dash of Thyme Aged Pomegranate Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. cornstarch
- 4 salmon fillets, similar in size and thickness, with skin on
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Dash of Thyme Organic Persian Lime Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- GLAZE: Whisk together all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until thickened and syrupy. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the brown sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Pat the salmon dry and season with pepper. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly over the salmon, rubbing to distribute evenly.
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Place salmon, skin-side-down, in the skillet, and cook until well-browned, about 1 minute. Use a spatula to carefully flip each fillet, and cook on the skin-side for 1 minute.
- Remove the skillet from heat and brush the fillets with glaze. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until the thickest part of the fillet registers 125 degrees, and is just translucent with cut with a paring knife, 7-10 minutes.
- Transfer salmon to a platter or plates and serve.